First off, I'd like to state that most of my suggestions will come from experiences on other servers throughout the years on gmod and an understanding on what most players hate and what most don't.
- Since we're heading into 2.0, Make it completely officially against the rules to bunnyhop (including around corners) and crouch jumping. The movement abuse and attempts at breaking ones hitbox as to have a larger chance of survivability in combat is something that a lot of people on gmod absolutely despise, including myself. Even some of the 12 or so people I managed to get to join paragon stopped playing within the first 2 days of their arrival due to the bunnyhopping and crouch jumping. I believe it's something that seriously needs to be cracked down on and genuinely enforced this time.
- Give factions weapons based on their real life counterparts (If Possible), Meaning don't go around and give soc factions nato based weapons when they're say a russian soc faction. 72nd is an example of this, They had SCARS and such which was just ridiculous. Keep weaponry for SOC factions nation based to keep that more realistic feel.
- I've been preaching this one since day one, Crack down on how many snipers there are. Don't give SOC commanders 3 weapons, being (pistol, AR, Sniper). The battlefield shouldn't be dominated by snipers and .50 cals. It's unrealistic and it's genuinely boring. This being said, There were 2 Soc factions that had access to the Barret. Meaning upwards to 6-8 people could be roaming with that at once and they were all explicitly NATO. So if you are planning on giving out the Barret again (which doesn't realisticly seen combat like this) at least keep it in 1 SOC faction and make sure a SOC faction on the opposing team has a weapon that equals the Barret.
- Instead of adding back more air based transports and helicopters. Add (Again I've been preaching this since day one.) Add in a mechanized assault division or armored division. Meaning add either Tanks or LAVs/IFVs. This would add more interest in ground combat and give a new feel to things, I'm even willing to help find a working pack for this that supports both factions. Tanks being anything with a main gun that ranges between 120mm to 155mm. (Such as M1Abrams and T-90s or T-14 Armatas) LAV/IFVs are Light Armored Vehicles - Infantry Fighting Vehicles are anything with an auto cannon ranging from a 20mm - 37 mm. (Such as the BTR-90/BTR-80A/BMP-2 and LAV-25/M2 Bradley) I have highly suggested an armored/light armored division since day one. Many servers have done it and intigrated it successfully. It's a genuine blast to use and adds a more modern combat feel to the game.
- Add in a medal system, where people can receive medals and it appear in their nametag and/or above their name. Like I did for SRG but a more server intigrated version. This allows players to strive and work for something outside of a rank.
- When adding in vehicles, Don't make them buyable. Make it so they're only drivable by a dedicated transport/mechanic division. Not all SOC Commanders and COs need access to vehicles. Keep it in 1 division so vehicles can be properly maintained and used.
- Don't allow the buying of a private faction until the server is actually up and running. Meaning it needs to have a viable and stable players base above 25. Adding in a bunch of factions and SOC factions is gonna spread things thin enough, allowing the purchase of ones own person faction is gonna stretch it even more. I understand servers need money but I'm sure you can find other means of making money for the server at least for a short time.
- Speaking of factions and soc factions. When adding in new factions and factions in general. Try to keep SOC factions to a minimum. Meaning until more players join there doesn't need to be a base faction and 6-7 soc factions. Say you're adding in NATO again. What you want until the server has a stable player base is . The Base Faction, A Vehicle Transport/Armored Faction. And 2 SOC factions. 4 Factions in total for 1 side is MORE than enough for how little the player base is gonna be on 2.0. So I do HIGHLY suggest this one. I urge you to consider this if you aren't already.
- If you plan on adding back helicopters instead of tanks. (Boring imo) Make sure you keep the helicopters weak to ground fire so that ground troops actually stand a chance against helicopters and have a chance at slowing the enemy advance. This being said, if the helicopter blows up while people are still inside. Maybe make it so the people it was carrying die with the explosion instead of just falling out and pulling their parachutes.
- Gun play. When it comes to guns in game, All I ask is that everything is damn near equal to it's enemy counter part. Everyone swore the AK was better than the M4, But the M4 fuckin lasered everything. So when adding a weapon into a base faction or soc faction, before adding it, think of an enemy weapon that could be an equal counterpart of the one you're currently adding. Keep things more fair, Sure it's less realistic but it's better than being completely flattened and lasered by certain weapons.
- Finally, (For now at least) When it comes to maps, I urge. Hell I beg you to please add a more modern battlefield to the server. Like cities/villages or towns. Not this WW2 running through the woods and up mountains to hold a bridge or something. Give the players an actual modern combat feel. Out of the woods, more in suburban areas. The main map we had was okay, But it gave me far to much WW2 vibes. Too much mountainous terrains, to many trees and even a swamp. None of this preached modern day combat and I personally found it to be completely boring. Give us a more modern setting for our battlefield, I'm sure it would go a long way with the players.
This is all I have to suggest at this time, I'll add more later on if I can think of anything.
Thank you for your time, If you have any questions. My discord is thelordbones . I'll do my best to keep an eye on this form as well.